From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rusling, John
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:23 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: If MSGTYPE has *NEXT or *PRV specified, MSGKEY is required.

Gary, it's the CPF2410.

I think I've got it figured out though.

After changing the pgmq to *same() and getting the syntax right
(the first time I didn't have the () after *same)
and stepping thru in debug it works correctly, on the first rcvmsg.

I've 'got' my CPF1002 there, trouble is I do next rcvmsg
and then it's gone (got the prev one) AND THEN I do the if conditional
Test to see if it's cpf1002.
Duh... Hello John, now you see it, now you don't <g>

If I just use the one rcvmsg that gets fired off from the monmsg for
cpf1002,
Then my cpf1002 data, msg, msglen etc is there and that's what I am
looking for.

Now my plan is to call an rpg program, passing in the msgdta, msgid,
replacement data
Etc in an effort to collect more information about what object is not
allowing
itself to be 'allocated'. Like, why, who/what is locking it.

I'm really doing this on cpf1002 because it's easier to test.
I'm hoping to eventually use this on cpf4128.

I'm not there yet, but I'm closer.

And thanks again, to all.

If anyone reading this has a mousetrap, I'm open. We may be putting
this
into a lot of cl's, that call our trustedlink api's, for better error
trapping.

John B

message: 6
date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:57:56 -0400
from: "Monnier, Gary" <Gary.Monnier@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: If MSGTYPE has *NEXT or *PRV specified, MSGKEY is
required.

John,

Let me ask you a question...

What message is causing your program to fail? Not your vendor's program
but your program.

Gary

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential, privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose
any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the message.