Rob,

True, however you can easily set up virtual hosts in Apache, and maybe more beneficial to you, alias names. The documentation on how to do these on the internet is actually pretty good, even I was able to figure it out.

From a performance perspective, as long as all the HTTP instances are running in the same memory it does not matter if there are multiple instance of Apache or not, the exception to that is if the Zend Server is part of the mix. If the Zend server is there then you really should have one instance of Apache that starts the Zend Server and put virtual hosts on that instance. MySQL same thing, really only one daemon should be running.

You can play with the Apache directives on your PC and get them working there before you push them up to the IBM i instance. Nearly all the directives are the same, the ones your interested in now anyway.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects