Yes, but, what happens if the library list just isn't right? For example,
I sign on to a 5250 session and I do a DSPLIBL and the only libraries in
my library list are those in the system value QSYSLIBL. I do an UPDDTA on
the file and the trigger executes. What happens then? Repeat scenario
for uploads from iSeries Access, data updates from Excel, etc.

Some logic commonly used is:
- Trigger determines file name and library containing file from parameter
list.
- Trigger checks to see if a needed object is within it's library list, if
not
- Based on the provided application package it retrieves a job
description or data area from within that same file library and
temporarily sets it's library list.
- Trigger actions are performed.
- If library list was changed, it is changed back.