Some more explanation...

By "guaranteed delivery" what I really mean is guaranteed not to fail
quietly or only succeed only partially. :)

In other words, if I'm using SNDTCPSPLF, and I don't get one of the
error messages specified for SNDTCPSPLF (example's below), am I
assured that the file was completely and successful sent to the outq
on the remote system?
: Error messages for SNDTCPSPLF :
: :
: *ESCAPE Messages :
: TCP3701 Send request failed for spooled file &1. :
: TCP3702 Not authorized to spooled file &1.
B :
: TCP3703 Send request failed. Spooled file &1 open. :
: TCP3704 Send request failed. Spooled file &1 not spooled print :
: file. :
: TCP3705 Spooled file &1 not transformed. :
: TCP3706 Spooled file &1 not transformed. :

If using remote OUTQ on the local system that points to an outq on the
remote system, if something happens during the send, would the remote
writer log and error and leave the spool file in a RDY state, as
opposed to blindly marking it sent (and deleted or SAVed?)

My understanding:
1) LPD/LPR has little in the way of error checking/recovery, thus the
reason it not recommended for critical system-->printer usage
2) TCP/IP remote *OUTQs use SNDTCPSPLF under the covers

So the information seems somewhat contradictory to me...

Yet it seems possible that iSeries-->iSeries LPD/LPR is more robust
than iSeries-->printer.

Where's Rodney Johnson when you need him? :)

Charles