When you build the subfile you have the RRN with each write. When you have fully loaded the subfile Z-ADD the RRN value to NBRREC.

A SFLSIZ(&NBRREC)
A NBRREC 5S 0P
C eval NBRREC = RRN

This way the subfile size is always accurate.

(By the way, if you want to see how the scroll bar works on the file and you have 3 columns empty on the right side just add the keyword *SCRBAR in front of whatever you have for SFLEND - it is a one-word change and you can try it out easy-peasey.

A 91 SFLEND(*SCRBAR *MORE)