Multiplication is only addition at the machine level anyway :)

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Midrange Information" <ldwopt@xxxxxxx>
04/14/2011 07:17 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Decided to hang it up

I wonder how many younguns would like to punch their programs into cards
and
then go compile and get on object to execute the program from.

How many of them could write programs when you only 1400 bytes of memory
work worth. My first IBM 1401 had 1401 bytes with the first 332 reserves
for
cards in, output and printer output. The system did not have a multiply or
divide feature. Made for some creative programming