Cool! I'm glad I asked, because I learned something new today - and we have the info in the archives, too.

Vern

On 4/14/2011 10:16 AM, Dennis wrote:
I specified linux world because I have deep administrative experience there. (Also with i, though I've not been blessed with this opportunity on that platform. Also because unix administrators _tend_to_be_ more TCP savvy. I did not mean to imply that this relates only to *ix. Quite the opposite, actually.

Even (gasp!) on mafinframe, this is an issue, because the problem is at the root of all TCP communications, not imbedded in some system's O/S code.

"Vern Hamberg"<vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The trouble with this, Dennis, so far as I can see, is that this box
isn't UNIX - we have never had to think about clearing ARP on this box.

I don't know if there is even a way to do it.

Perhaps that is accomplished by the system when restarting TCPIP -
maybe
with some other command.

This system, as you know, is positioned as not needing all that
administrative stuff other OS' do.

So is there a way to clear the ARP? It'd be an interesting thing to
know.

Thanks
Vern