you running shared key??

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Smith, Mike
<Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi Chris,
I took your advise on this issue, but it seems to be timing out on the
physical HMC.
I went to the Physical HMC. Logged on using a shared session.
I came back to my desk and opened a shared session

Checked it a couple of hours later and I'm back to a signon screen.

I'm wondering if this is happening because of the QINACTITV system
value?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:36 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: New to HMC- having timeout issue

One way would be to have someone log on to the HMC locally. Have them
open shared Console session. Then you connect remotely using a Shared
session and the password they setup for you locally. Then if your
session times out due to inactivity or communications failure, the
console is still connected. You can reconnect and be at the same place.

However this means your remote HMC is logged on all the time and the
shared console is available at the remote location as well as your local
session. They share and see the same screens. I do this as our HMC is
in a secure location, in the same rack as our iSeries. When all else
fails, I can use the remote KVM to open the HMC as if I was at its
keyboard.

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services