I believe I saw somebody just do a

Chain DateField FileWTimestampAsKey

and I believe that it worked. Have you just tried that?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Alan Shore <ashore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks both of you, Chuck and Luis
I keep forgetting to specify the release level we are on - which is 5.4 so
I can use neither of your suggestions

Because the file is in chronological order (timestamp) the order number 1
may in fact be the millionth record on that particular date, but if I can
create a logical by date within that timestamp, then order number, then
order number 1 will be the first for that date

I may have to create a temporary file, and populate a date field
I just thought that there may have been something equivalent to SST for
timestamp fields

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill