Vern,

The second approach I refered to earlier is similiar to Open Access in that
data, indicators, and status information is exchanged. The application data
however is not formatted exactly like the IO buffer (as it would be when
using Open Access). It's also a different approach from Open Access in that
no change for HANDLER (or even recompile of the WORKSTN program for that
matter) is needed. It is, however, only applicable to WORKSTN while Open
Access is much more generic in nature.

Bruce