There are plenty of applications out there for the healthcare industry
which run on the IBM i. Just ask IBM
at
http://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd/showcase.do
Select healthcare at the top and go.

One of the first ones I found using that site was
http://www.blueware.us/solutionsandservices.html
at the very bottom you see
Platforms
• Intel, HP, IBM Platforms including IBM DB2, MySQL & Oracle
• Repositories including Open Source Alfresco, IBM Content Manager & EMC
Documentum
• Application Servers including IBM Websphere, Oracle Jboss and Apache
Tomcat
• Multiple Operating Systems including Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows,
IBM iSeries and Apple OSX

Grab a dozen or so, prescreen them to ensure they really run on i (as long
as IBM can make money off of them they may qualify for that site), then
give them to the boss as an example of "all these companies are writing
for the platform". Do not get too detailed for the initial screen. That's
the boss' job.

Years ago we "rightsized" from running each plant on it's own "PICK" based
PC to the S/36. And consolidated now on to one server (with others for
Mimix, etc).