Tom,

Larry and I use CommuniGate Pro which runs on IBM i natively as well as on Linux on POWER.

That said, I have to wonder if the problem you are experiencing is the email server or the work management/memory allocation issue instead. The email server on IBM i runs quite well and if that's all it's doing it should run every bit as fast as any other server. The mail server framework does need a restart now and then as well.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects