I will respond to several posts.

Thank you Charles for identifying that what I had mentioned in my post is correct. I was hoping I was clearing in stating what I was trying to accomplish. I apologize if terms that we use here in our shop may have caused confusion in my post.

Yes, my shared folder is on the IFS on the iSeries. Now I will be honest with you I am not familiar with all the little idiosyncrasies surrounding the IFS, but I am familiar enough with it on setting up a folder, setting up shares and writes to that folder. I have written files directly to the IFS from other applications and it works fine under those circumstances.

Yes, I need to be able to scan directly into the folder that is already established in the IFS.

To answer Scott's question on the type of error when I try to scan it states that "Job Failed to Complete. No Specified Folder". This job is running from a Konica copier. We set up a test folder on the network and the copier was able to scan into this test folder.

The server name and folder name are correct.

The ERP system that we are using to attach documents is Infor XA (aka MAPICS) and when trying to use \QNTC means nothing to Infor XA.

I have been told by the network manager that the following are out of the question:
Scan to email (which does work) - they are concerned that the user will not clean up the email box once moving the file to the IFS

Scan using FTP - our external auditors that run scans are concerned about FTP which they are relating to PCI compliance. I was able to FTP into this same folder.

In posting I was hoping that somebody might be able to point me to the right direction or pinpoint what step I may have forgotten.