Hi All

Just trying to confirm something regarding the migration path from V5R4 ->
V6R1. I have a smallish AS/400 sitting in the back room with the following
spec:

Model: AS/400 520-7142
Processor: PowerPC III 600 MHz
OS: OS400 V5 R4
Memory: 4 x 512 MB RAM Memory, 2GB total
Hard Disk: 5 disk drives totaling 282 GB disk space, with approximately 20%
usage

As I understood it, the 520's can be upgraded to V6R1, but I am not 100% sure
that this machine falls into that group. How do I confirm this? (IBM isn't
much help-- they're trying very hard to sell us a new computer.)

The codebase is a mix of S/36, RPG/400, and ILE RPG. This machine does light
lifting, receiving batch updates and very light 5250 traffic (mostly for
inquiry-- very few update transactions occurring). If there are any fixes that
are done, they are break/fix only. No feature enhancements.

I'm not sure that it's worth upgrading to V6R1, even if it is possible.
Thoughts?

Thanks

-Doc