Greg,

Did you really mean this? Or, possibly, did you really want the following
CPYF:

CPYF FROMFILE(BLRATEP) TOFILE(BECKTFR/BLRATEP) +
MBROPT(*ADD) INCREL((*IF BLSDT *GT 0) +
*AND (BLWHS *NE *BLANKS))

Rich Loeber - @richloeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1]http://www.kisco.com
SDG

On 3/22/2011 8:56 AM, Greg Wenzloff wrote:

I had a CPYF statement in a CLP that compiled without error but got a
syntax error when it ran:

CPYF FROMFILE(BLRATEP) TOFILE(BECKTFR/BLRATEP) +
MBROPT(*ADD) INCREL((*IF BLSDT *GT 0) +
(*AND BLWHS *NE *BLANKS))

The error said that value of the second test use not valid.

I looked into the reference manual and found that *BLANKS was not
addressed but that *NULL was.
I switched out *BLANKS for *NULL and recompiled the program.

Now I'm thinking this decision was wrong and I should just use a string
like " ".
To me *null is a hex 00.
Blanks are hex 40.

Any suggestions on how to phrase BLWHS *NE *BLANKS?

I should know this but brain not functioning well today,
Greg