James,

A couple of thoughts....

The system offers exit points for SQL functions, QIBM_QZDA_SQL1 and
QIBM_QZDA_SQL2.

Also, if you plan for the users to sign on through JDBC with there own
user ID, you could make the tables PUBLIC *EXLCUDE and offer a view
that includes something to the effect of
create view myview
as SELECT col1, col2
from mytable
where SALE_REP = CURRENT_USER;

This would force all access through the a view which would
automatically limit the rows available to be seen. Of course the
example above is overly simplified. In reality, you're probably going
to want a UDF that checks authority so that for example, a manager can
see the data for those he manages. This particular solution is cross
platform and you should be able to find pertinate examples on the web.

HTH,
Charles