On 3/14/11 1:13 PM, Albert York wrote:
I recently had to reload a system from scratch and now I am getting
the messages below when I try running WRKLICKEY or RMVLICKEY and other
processes that use the query processor. Does anyone have any
suggestions how I can resolve this?

<ed:> msgMCH5003 "Scalar operand contains a value that is not valid."
Cause . . . . . : The length of the invalid scalar operand is 1.
The bit offset to the invalid field is X'0000'. The operand number
is 3. The invalid data is X'0A'.

<ed:> msgCPF4204 "Internal failure occurred in query processor."
Cause . . . . . : A system failure has occurred in the query
processor program. The query definition template number is 1.
Recovery . . . : See the low-level messages. Correct any
errors and try your request again. If the problem continues,
report the problem (ANZPRB command).

IIRC that is typically the result of a mismatch in code levels between the LIC and the OS. The means\media used to recover may be at fault.

For v5r4 there is a PTF for an APAR documenting specifically the latter generic error [alwas F/QQQQUERY as I recall] on a "disaster recovery" but appears specific only to restore of the SQL catalog VIEW objects into QSYS2 and\or SYSIBM, and thus unlikely a match:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas3987a36f75e3bd0f68625730d0057f88b
"SI27680 - OSP-DB-MSGCPF4204 Internal failure during disaster recovery"

Given the full message details instead of just what was selected for cut\paste, e.g. the messages from a spooled joblog or F6=Print, a better search might find a more appropriate PTF. Which release is also a very useful detail. Of course as the message implies, that internal failure is a defect condition which would best be reported to your service provider.

Regards, Chuck