The Development and Disaster Recovery LPARS on the same System i.
Our Development LPAR is running at ~55% capacity, whereas the Disaster Recovery LPAR is running at 70%+ capacity, but it is only a selection of pieces from the production environment.

I am trying to present a solution that would make the DR environment a mirror of our production environment, but that would put the DR LPAR at 89%+ capacity. I was trying to determine what would be involved in deallocating from one LPAR and reallocating to another LPAR, on the same System i.

I guess I didn't realize moving disks was involved since I'm working with Logical Partitions on the same System i.

Jason Abreu
Abreu Innovations, Inc.
jason.abreu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.abreuinnovations.com/