On 3/9/11 3:38 PM, James Lampert wrote:
I found an example at
http://www.rpgiv.com/rpgivforum/view?SID=20090730102246185259
pulled it out of its procedure definition, and modified it to look
for QDBPUT or QDBUDR, based on
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200708/msg00129.html

Fascinating exercise.

Just to clarify that the 'R' in QDBUDR is for "Release" [re: lock] or "Record", not "Read". The example in the former link uses the QWVRCSTK Retrieve Call Stack API and if I reviewed correctly skips programs in QSYS to find the caller, irrespective of program name [though easily could skip only 'Q' prefixed programs]. Changing specifically to look for a program above QDBPUT or QDBUDR will not function well for a read-trigger.

Similarly the messaging example [SNDPGMMSG\RCVMSG] will not work if called from a read-trigger when sending "QDBUDR as CALLED" as one might possibly mis-infer from the text of the archived message. Also note that the CALLER detail obtained from the SENDER information is limited, as coded, for what might be considered useful for ILE versus OPM; i.e. the "caller" detail might best be expanded. Refer to the Sender format (SENDERFMT) help text on the RCVMSG command.

Regards, Chuck