Charles,

I used the optical drive (OPT01) just two weeks ago to install a couple of
OS features (Qshell and Help) that were not installed on the system. So I'm
pretty sure that the drive is functioning, plus it does try to read the
device when I use the WRKOPTVOL command.

If the structure is what one should expect (I admit that I never really
looked until yesterday), then something else must be wrong. I hate wasting
more CDs (relatively cheap though they are) to experiment with ImageBurn or
CDBurnerXP. When I used the full Roxio set to run the CPYPTFCVR command, I
was a little surprised when, after the last (10th) CD, there was a message
on the QSYSOPR message queue asking me to insert the next diskette and gave
only C and G as options; I'm dealing from (corrupted?) memory here, but I
thought there used to be an X option to indicate that the last CD had been
used. That may have been on V5R3/R4, though.

There don't appear to be any setting in Roxio, ImageBurn, or CDBurnerXP;
just options to burn image files to disc. Maybe the CD-R discs should be
some other type?

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the guys
who are undecided. -Casey Stengel
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN