Mark,

The "restricted state" term is just what our System's guy called it.
Specifically it's an unattended execution during an IPL. I am told that the error occurs after the Option 21 as well, since TCP is shutdown before the Option 21 backup.
I believe it is a safe assumption that it occurs during the TCP startup procedure, since I used ADDTCPSVR ... AUTOSTART(*YES) option.

I will make a note to try the job delay. My confusion comes from the fact that the HTTP server successfully starts before the TOMCAT server is started. I assume that with the HTTP server starting successfully that TCP is up and running.

Jason Abreu
Abreu Innovations, Inc.
jason.abreu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.abreuinnovations.com/