We do that with VISION currently, the drawback is we drop the connection
between boxes and thus lose the journal entries while the backup takes
place.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I discussing Mimix and the other HA Products with Vision, the person I was
talking to classified Mimix as the Industrial Strength of the HA products
they carry. While products like iTera may be better suited for smaller
installations. I have setup both Vision's iTera and IBM's iCluster products
and they both work well. IBM is pushing their PowerHA.

The product you need/choose will depend on your environment. If you are
running SANs then you might want to consider SAN based replication
solutions, if not then may any of the Logical Replication ( Mimix, iTera,
iCluster etc) solutions.

Define the Uptime and Recovery Time Requirements. 24/7 no more than say 5
minutes downtime with virtually no loss in data or can the system be down
for say 4hrs with some data entry required? Will the HA system be ONLY HA
with no other work being done other than receiving data or will reporting
or
other be done on it. ( this will affect Licensing of the OS and products on
the system among other things ).

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Don Osmond <don.osmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx