Thank you. I read that info apar. It mentions a SAS connection. Excuse
my ignorance, but would that mean removing the SCSI drives from our 3573's
and replacing them with SAS drives? Or does that just mean the card is
SAS but the cable still works on our drives? If we have to replace our
drives I guess that would mean an upgrade from LTO3 to LTO4 or LTO5. If
we go to SAS is that IOPless on both Power 6 and (if we go to it) Power 7?
What feature code is the card that would do that?

But keeping what we have and adding one new card for the SCSI drive you
recommend the 571A over the 5702 but there's really not that much of a
difference. Thanks.

I hate to toss a bunch of money in this at this time as all of our three
boxes are Power 6 running 7.1. Plenty of capacity. The 3573's will only
be used once every other month for a full system save. We are moving from
using the big 3576 on our primary machines over to our backup machines.
Best practice seems to indicate backing up on our Mimix and Domino cluster
lpars on our backup machines instead of disrupting line of business
applications on our primary machines.

The only potential performance concerns are:
- What load the save will put on the 8203-E4A (with 5 lpars)
- When we move our Linux lpar running TSM to save all PC's and servers
from the 9117-MMA to the 8203-E4A will it be man enough to handle that and
the 3576 (it alone drives 3 of the drives in the 3576 using a fiber 576B
card)

We've been running Mimix for a few years on this box and Domino clustering
even longer. Testing Mimix fail over every other month and the Domino
servers nightly.