From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:15 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Openness Includes

Jerry - another enthusiastic vote for Filezilla - Rob suggested setting
the default directory to something in the IFS - I believe that is to get
it to use path naming instead of library naming. Library naming is
probably the problem you had with FireFTP.

There is another way to get FileZilla to use path naming - there is a
file that contains the connections you define with the Site Manager at

C:\Documents and Settings\Vernon Hamberg\Application
Data\FileZilla\sitemanager.xml

You don't want to use my name there, right? :)

You put these lines into each <Server> section somewhere -

<PostLoginCommands>
<Command>site namefmt 1</Command>
</PostLoginCommands>

I think Rob's method works fine, I just don't like depending on a "cute"
technique based on some "interesting" behavior on i vs. other platforms.
YMMV

HTH
Vern

I'll have to look at Filezilla, Richard. I've tried using FireFTP
(Firefox
add-on) but can't seem to get it configured correctly; i.e., nothing shows
up in the remote (System i) list pane.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Above anything else, I hate to lose. -Jackie Robinson
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN