From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:03 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Openness Includes

First of all what is it you're trying to accomplish ?

There is NO PDF conversion stuff on V5R1.

Other options:

Lose the RPG compilers :-)

Lose the COBOL compilers :-)

Lose some stuff from the IFS, such as CA/400 Installers. (Copy to a network
drive. )

Add more disk. Probably pretty cheap on an old box.

178 megs for includes is nothing in today's world.

Your machine must be pretty light on disk.

Talk to Larry B about an online account at idevcloud.com

Lots of options.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 8
date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:49:07 -0600
from: "Jerry C. Adams" <midrange@xxxxxxxx>
subject: Openness Includes

Well, I went over my plans for adding/dropping features/products from our
V5R1 machine to free up disk space.

The three things I wanted to add were:

. Online Help,

. System Openness Includes, and

. Qshell Interpreter.

I'm dropping about 94.7 mb of unused products (AFP Utilities, Communications
Utilities, and Advanced Job Scheduler). The rest is pretty basic stuff
(bare bones, if you will) that either could not be dropped or for which I'd
sooner give up my second born (if I had one), such as SQL.

My jaw dropped, though, when I saw that the Openness Includes was 178.9 mb.
I gotta admit that I'm not good enough to write API interfaces (prototypes)
from scratch, even with the API references in the Info Center. I searched
to see if I could find a PDF or Text version of the QSYSINC library, but
came up empty.

My option right now is to go to my previous employer (no problem) and
"print" these to a PDF to store on my PC. This would probably only take 1-2
weeks! Any other ideas (beyond the obvious, like adding more disk)?

Thanks.