From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Cache battery replacement

Well, your box has two mirrored disks which means it has the space for two
more. I haven't looked in ages but I would think a pair of used 8 or 17GB
disks would be pretty cheap. Mirroring the second pair would double or
triple your available space and, if you balanced the data, improve system
performance (on disk-intensive tasks) a little.

A casual Google search of "ibm 6818" shows more than one source listing
6818s for under $200 each. At least one notes the drive will qualify for
IBM maintenance.