A third nod for Mochasoft.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Glenn Hopwood <ghopwood.list@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

A second nod for MochaSoft. We've been using it for 100+ remote
locations without any issues.

Glenn

On 2/18/2011 6:24 AM, Chamara Withanachchi wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried the MochaSoft TN5250 ActiveX version, I guess that will
work
for you

http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250activex.htm

<http://www.mochasoft.dk/tn5250activex.htm>

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Luke Gerhardt<lgerhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Instead of juggling scores of VPN accounts, I am now tasked with looking
into setting up our iSeries to allow home access with *minimal*
installation or configuration of the end users' system.

I've tried setting up tn5250j as a Java applet on a web server on the
system, but keep getting a Java error regarding security, at which point
it leaves me with a gray screen only. I feel like I'm close
there...but...it's just not finishing. That seems like the ideal method
so far, as it requires only having Java installed and browsing to our
site. I'm just testing in locally right now, and there is no SSL set up
on that webserver as yet. The error I get is "PKIX path validation
failed". I get it three times and then it blows up and dies. :(

I'm also considering forwarding a port to allow SSL secured telnet out
of our firewall and having the end users install tn5250j. I don't like
that we would then be responsible to hand-hold them through installing
software, but if I can't get the applet method to work, then I need to
do something.

Installing iSeries Access is not a workable solution for us in this
case.

Thoughts from others who have walked this path before?
list