Some of the time it is hardware pushing them to get off of V5R4, ie getting
a new Power7 machine. Others it's been wanting to stay current (which are
my smart customers). A few have wanted to get to the last Java SDKs for
performance, and then there were a few that after I was showing them how
easy to create PDFs that pushed them wanting to upgrade.

Going to 6.1 & 7.1 is a smart decision, the problem is how much difficulty
customers are having with their application conversions. The customers who
have had issues are the ones over the last few years decided to drop their
maintenance on their applications to save money. Now, they can't get a new
version of their application code with observability/creation data.

Pete

--
Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions

Add iTech Solutions on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126431824120
Add iTech Solutions on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2206093

iTech Solutions because IBM i (AS/400s) didn't come with System
Administrators