The IASP database names are added to the RDB automatically when they
get created; they show up with remote location *LOOPBACK.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Chuck

There is a redbook, and it is very clear about objects that can't reside
in a library in an IASP. It's sg24-6802, entitled "IBM eServer iSeries
Independent ASPs: A Guide to Moving Applications to IASPs". The Redbook
page describes it in this way -

"It is designed to help IBM technical professionals, Business Partners,
and Customers understand and implement IASP in the IBM eServer iSeries
server and under OS/400 V5R2."

I went through the exercise of verifying one of our more popular
applications - carved out an IASP, moved the library there, all that.
Found out it works fine. Varying on the IASP device can be automatic at
IPL or not. And we have a few customers who are running that product in
an IASP. They did come to us for assurance that it would work. I suppose
there is no certification, but I hope vendors will do the work to really
see if it is possible, not just assume they fall under the guidelines in
the Redbook.

We use a lot of embedded SQL in our app, and there has been no problem
or need to change any code for that, even though the library may reside
in the IASP. I believe you CAN give a different RDB name to the database
in the IASP but have not had to try any of that yet.

Later
Vern