Hi, Charles:

You did not say on what version/release of OS/400 or i5OS you are seeing this ...

I think you should open a PMR with IBM for this one.

HTH,
Mark

> On 2/7/2011 10:41 AM, Charles Wilt wrote:
I don't understand how/why I'm getting the following:

DSPOBJAUT OBJ(QSYS) OBJTYPE(*LIB)

Object . . . . . . . : QSYS
Library . . . . . : QSYS
Object type . . . . : *LIB

Object secured by authorization list

Object
User Group Authority
*PUBLIC *USE

DSPAUT OBJ('/QSYS.LIB')
Not authorized to object. Object is /QSYS.LIB.

I have authority to root
DSPAUT OBJ('/')
Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DIR
Owner . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Primary group . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Authorization list . . . . . . : *NONE

Data --Object Authorities--
User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
*PUBLIC *RWX X X X X

And I can DSPAUT on other libraries....
dspaut OBJ('/QSYS.LIB/C1162332.LIB')

Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /QSYS.LIB/C1162332.LIB
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : LIB
Owner . . . . . . . . . . . . : C1162332
Primary group . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Authorization list . . . . . . : *NONE

Data --Object Authorities--
User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
*PUBLIC *RX
C1162332 *RWX X X X X

So why can't I DSPAUT OBJ('/QSYS.LIB')???

Thanks!
Charles