I thought that the sna dial-up support was not supported anymore and that
you had to use L2TP to connect to IBM now. What version of OS are you on,
current on PTF's??

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Jerry C. Adams <midrange@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This morning, while checking QSYSOPR messages, I had the following:

Service Director program QSDLINCTL encountered an error - action required.

Line QESLINE varied on successfully.

Dialing 18003270949 for controller QESCTL.

Controller QESCTL contacted on line QESLINE.

All sessions ended for device QESPAP.

Service Director program QSDLINCTL encountered an error - action required.

Help for the first line showed:

Message . . . . : Service Director program QSDLINCTL encountered an error
-

action required.

Cause . . . . . : See the Service Director audit log for additional

information regarding this error. To browse the audit log, enter GO
SERVICE

and select the Display Service Director audit log item.

So I displayed the audit log:

11/02/07 01:40:02 QSDLINCTL: FAILED TO READ LINECTL *DTAARA

11/02/07 01:41:15 QSDLINCTL: FAILED TO READ LINECTL *DTAARA

11/02/07 01:41:15 QSDSNDCFG: SENT CONFIGURATION DATA FOR *LOCAL

11/02/07 04:12:36 QSDPALMON: RUNNING

11/02/07 04:12:37 QSDPALFMT: NEW PROCESSOR DATA

11/02/07 04:12:40 QSDPALMON: READY FOR CYCLE

What data area are we talking about here? Can I re-create it somehow;
i.e.,
is there a system program or api that I can use for that purpose?

Thanks.

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

If we do not succeed, we run the risk of failure. -Vice President Dan
Quayle

--

A&K Wholesale

Murfreesboro, TN