What's the reason code? What SQL statement is giving the error?

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:48 AM, McGovern, Sean
<Sean.McGovern@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Birgitta,

I receive SQL0452 when running the following code on our V5R4 and V6R1 box (I've changed the IFS reference).

I'd like to this working. Could you re-visit ?

Thanks,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: 01 February 2011 07:35
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: AW: Manipulating a CSV File on the IFS

Hi,

you may try to define the IFS file as CLOB_File (or DBCLOB_File or BLOB_File
depending on the data type) and access it via embedded SQL.
LOB_File data can be accessed with SQL commands or SQL scalar functions like
any character (host) variable.
Something like this:

D MyFromCLOB      S                   SQLTYPE(CLOB_File)
D MyToCLOB        S                   SQLTYPE(CLOB_File)

D ParToIFSFile    S            256A   Varying
D                                     inz('/home/Hauser/CLOBFILE.txt')
D ParFromIFSFile  S            256A   Varying
D                                     inz('/home/Hauser/CLOBFILE.txt')
D StrPos          S             10I 0
D Length          S             10I 0
 /Free
   //From CLOB File Information
   MyFromCLOB_Name = '/home/Hauser/CLOBFILE.txt';

   MyFromCLOB_NL   = %Len(MyFromCLOB_Name);

   MyFromCLOB_FO   = SQFRD;                   //Read Only

   //To CLOB File Information

   MyToCLOB_Name = '/home/Hauser/CLOBFile.txt';

   MyToCLOB_NL   = %Len(MyToCLOB_Name);

   MyToCLOB_FO   = SQFOVR;                    //Override existing file

   //Search for credit card information for example:
   Exec SQL Set :StrPos = Locate('Creditcard': :MyFromCLOB);

   //Determine the length of creditcard information (or whatever you want
to do)
   Exec SQL Set :Length = ....

   //Manipulate the data (for example)

   Exec SQL Set :MyToCLOB = Substr(:MyFromCLOB, 1, :StrPos-1)
                            Concat
                            Substr(:MyFromCLOB, :StrPos + :Length);

   If SQLCOD < *Zeros;

      Dsply SQLCOD;

   EndIf;

   *INLR = *On;
 /End-Free

SQLFRD (=2) and SQLFOVR (=32) are constant values that will be defined
integrated by the SQL Precompiler.

Not tested, because I've currently no access to an iSeries.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"