On 1/26/11 11:09 AM, Pete Massiello wrote:
I have always run it from either QSECOFR or an id with *ALLOBJ
authority. No problems either way.

Ketzes, Larry on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:10 AM wrote:

Quick question. When running the RCLSTG command, should you be using
an ID with QSECOFR or *ALLOBJ authority? I would think so, but I’m
notsure.

Replying to this reply, only because the original message does not [appear for me, to] reside on the NG.

I did not verify from the Security Reference publication [which should include a list of required authority for each CL command; to include RCLSTG], but as I recall, the design of the Reclaim Storage feature is to adopt all necessary authority such that the only authority required is to the command itself. However whatever user chosen to perform the request, that user must also be enrolled in the system directory. Seems the QALWUSRDMN system value was once [may still be] noted to possibly require change, for systems limited to something other than *ALL; i.e. the *LIB QRCL may need to be included.

An old v5r1 doc link shows no specific "Authority Needed" [to any particular object(s)] as a prerequisite for use of the RCLSTG, only that the CL command having been shipped as *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE, the user issuing the command must first have authority or be granted authority to the *CMD object itself:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/books/c415302519.htm#HDRCMDAUT

Regards, Chuck