From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rick baird
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 1:03 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: printer spacing out of whack

Hey all,

We sent out our payroll system W2 changes to our customers last month
and they are beginning to run them and some are having trouble with
printing them on lasers.

They test just fine on our printers but when some of the customers run
them the printing starts down one line, making all the printing off by
one line.

This is true for printing on pre-printed sheets and using overlays.

I've narrowed it down to the RPG program - if we run W2s using last
year's version, all is fine. If we run with the new one, it prints
one line down.

I can see the code for both of them via STRDBG. These are internally
described print files and each line has a Skip Before number and they
are the same in both versions.

I'm pulling my hair out here, why would these two nearly identical
programs start printing pages on a different line?