From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:16 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: New system coming in

Let's add our tips to Lukas' initial work at:
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/GettingStarted

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/04/2011 05:07 PM

1. I find that even though your system may come pre-loaded, that pre-load
will not have all the OS options you may want - which then requires add
licensed programs, followed by cume, hiper, group ptfs. You haven't said
whether this is a dev or production or how it will be used, and are you
replacing another box or just adding the new server? (Are you keeping
servers in sync with OS levels, products, ptfs??)
2. I always set up Object Connect between two servers to facilitate moving

objects. This link is an excellent article by Andrew Borts on how to set
this up
http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid3_gci1052233,00.html

Without knowing more, this is a start.
Jim Franz