I've thought about this a little, but not researched it much. As I see it the primary obstacle you will have is to emulate the session state that is being maintained on the web server you are targeting. When you log on, there is probably a cookie involved that stores an authentication token. I'm not sure what options are available from geturi or other command line tools to emulate this functionality.

Once you've overcome that obstacle, the next is to figure out how the server expects the data to be passed to the form. There are two alternatives that I know of. One is a get in which the form values are passed as part of the URL, and the other is a post in which the data is passed in a message body (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/methods.html).

The trick is going to be in carefully investigating the techniques used on the server side and picking a command line tool that has those capabilities. Sorry I can't offer more specific advice, but hopefully this gives you some cues to google from.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Tucky
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:29 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Auto fill out a web page

I'd like to control a webpage from my Iseries. I have all the data I need in my application but I need people to go on the customers website to enter it.

It's a pretty basic website, enter user id and password, click logon, select some info from a drop down, enter a date, select a radio button, click continue, click confirm, done.

I've used Geturi before to retrieve data but I don't see how I can fill in data. I've tried setting the values in the URL but it doesn't work.

Thanks