The MPG software will do the predictive analysis for you and allow you to give empirical results against the prediction. Again your local partner most likely has access and hopefully the knowledge to give you the information. It's not hard to learn if you care to try it yourself either.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC

On 12/17/2010 8:22 AM, Josh Diggs wrote:
We are actually running the boxes in parrallel now and still in production on the old one. We could pull performance numbers off of the old box, but we won't know how that compares until we cut over to the new box. I was looking for more of a predictive analysis that would let me reassure management that we were going to see some performance improvement.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

-----Original Message-----
From:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:19 AM
To:midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Performance testing

True, that would be the hope, but more to the point, was performance collection even running, and then was a sufficient amount of it saved to compare with. Most locations I go to have it running, but do not change the IBM default of only keeping one day of data. Usually I like to see at least 14 days of data, 30 days is better, especially if there is a month end close process included during that time.