Heh. Found out something new. Every time it is run (interactive or batch)
a spool file is created and remains on the outq after I'm finished. If I
submit to batch like this:

SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(QSYS/QSMBTTCC)) LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)

there is a spool file and a joblog with this in it:

CPF3427 Escape 30 12/17/10 08:47:17.103135 QSPDSPF
QSYS 0F05 QSMBTTCC QSYS 02E3
Message . . . . : Job
788430/JEFF/PGMJOBD not interactive job.
Cause . . . . . : The DSPSPLF command
is allowed only in an interactive
environment. Recovery . . . :
Remove the command or use the command in an
interactive environment.

and the job ends normally (ending code 0).

So if I just submit it to batch as SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(QSYS/QSMBTTCC)) it
does exactly what I want.