On 12/10/10 9:49 AM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Is there something I've forgotten about, that allows one, in a
command prompt, to have F4 on a "library" field bring up a list of
libraries on the system, or F4 on a "file" field bring up a list of
files in the specified library?

The parameter choice program, albeit [AFaIK even by v6r1] without any capability for the user to select any item from the list; i.e. although a list can be generated for viewing, one must still copy\paste or type the chosen value they see in the list presented by F4=Prompt. Often such a prompt might be implemented with a default of *SELECT special value which would have the CPP present a list and from its display file enable item selection. FWiW the CPP could then present the prompted command again [with the specific value in the parameter instead of the *SELECT], to allow the user to process other parameters; not pretty, but functional.

Regards, Chuck