James -
You could use the QFileSvr.400 file system to copy the save file from the
source to the target system, then use RUNRMTCMD to restore the
library/objects on the target system.
- sjl

James wrote:
I am, of course, already familiar with the idea of scripting FTP by
doing an OVRDBF of INPUT to a source member containing the commands to
be executed; I use that principle in a number of utilities, both
internal and distributed with our products.

But this has a drawback, in that unless the FTP server allows anonymous
mode, the user profile and password are exposed in that source member,
for a minimum of slightly longer than the life of the FTP session.

Does anybody know of another way to script FTP? The idea here is to
provide a way to automatically propagate a save file containing a
product from one machine (or LPAR) to another, and automatically install
the product on the target machine.

V4-compatibility is not an issue here, but avoiding outside commercial
products would be.