From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Rasch
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:03 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: What are the needs of IBM i Consultants in the community? Please reply off list

IBM - market the box better. Everything else rolls downhill,

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:56:22 -0700
From: pete@xxxxxxxxxx
To: consult400@xxxxxxxxxxxx; midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick answer: More work!

What I need are some specifics. David has graciously allowed me to
cross-post this on both the Midrange and Consult400 lists. My question
is this:

What things could Common provide to consultants in the IBM i services
space that would assist you in building your business? Web site
hosting? A consultants page at common.org? Discounts on things like
WebEx hosting? Mailing list access? And ... ?

During the last Common Board of Directors strategy and planning meeting
(of which I am a member) the idea surfaced that perhaps Common could
assist consultants with marketing or managing their business. I agreed
to pursue the topic. I would appreciate all and any ideas. The hope is
that Common could offer a package of services that would be both
beneficial and economical. As a consultant myself, I am always on the
lookout for additional opportunities.

If you have ideas you'd like to share please send your replies off list
to me directly pete@xxxxxxxxxx and make sure that "IBM i Consultants" is
in the subject (or just reply to and change the email address) so that
the email can make it through my Spam filter.

Thanks for your input!

--
Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc