All said though I will say that more shops are outright rejecting invalid
addresses. Accepting was a tremendous load on our system years ago. So
his technique would work for our site.

Now, whether or not Message Labs (who we funnel through) would start
rejecting him as a potential spammer is a good question. And if not, I
don't doubt that some sites may do that. However, is he really going to
be trying a hundred addresses at each domain? I wouldn't think that a 1 -
3 address per domain would be a nasty. For example, if I terminate
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and someone tries to send him an email from their
us.ibm.com domain should that mean I should start rejecting all emails
from us.ibm.com? No.