find . -name "*.nsf" -print | grep -v "nfx*" > /rob/filelist.ind

But, this assumes file names start with nfx. If it is a suffix, then:

Actually, that grep won't work at all. If you want to omit files whose
names start with nfx, it would be:

find . -name "*nsf" | grep -v '^nfx' > /rob/filelist.ind

The grep as stated by jmmckee will look for nfx, nfxx, nfxxx, nfxxxx ...
anywhere in the filename.

If it is a suffix, then:

find . -name "*.nsf" -print | grep -v ".nfx" > /rob/filelist.ind

You have already selected *only* files whose extensions are nsf, by virtue
of your "*nsf" or "*.nsf" on the find command, so I'm not sure how the
filename can end in both .nsf and .nfx. The grep above will drop files
whose names include nfx in any position _except_ the beginning. nfx123.nsf
would remain.

Note here that nobody has addressed the potential that these files may
contain upper case characters:

find . -name "*.[Nn][Ss][Ff]" | grep -vi 'nfx' > /rob/filelist.ind

Dennis Lovelady
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
-- Lewis Carroll

find . -name "*.nsf" -print | grep -v "nfx*" > /rob/filelist.ind

But, this assumes file names start with nfx. If it is a suffix, then:

find . -name "*.nsf" -print | grep -v ".nfx" > /rob/filelist.ind

John McKee