Thanks, I finally figured out that you could basically put wherever you
wanted it, I got it installed with the samples, thanks.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jack,

The short answer is any where you want. You will then edit the file as
needed and the point to that file.

The Long answer is:
I assume you want to use the response file in a silent install. ONthe
WAS6.1
Express CD there is a folder at
file:///D:/os400_ppc64/WAS/docs/InstallGuide_en.html ( D: being my DVD on
my
PC )

If you use the Find on this page function ( IE8 is under the Edit Menu )
and
search for 'Installing with a response file' You find this text

Installing with a response file
1.Copy the responsefile.express.txt file from the WAS directory on the
product disk to a place that you can easily identify on your system.
2.Edit the file to customize the values for your installation.
3.Save the file as myresponsefile.txt, for example.
4.Start the installation. For example:
install -options /MYDATA/myresponsefile.txt

This install guide is pretty good, you might want to cruise through it if
you are using someone elses note or as i like to say 'destructions'

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx