From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:49 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SLIP install of the OS

Hello everyone,

What does this do exactly?

I have an 810 at V5R4M0 and I clobbered QGPL and QUSRSYS, by restoring
from another box. I think I had ALWOBJDIF (*ALL), so all of the IBM files
got renamed to xxx0001, etc. and replaced with the the ones from tape.

I want to put the original QGPL and QUSRSYS back on. I have the original
CDs. I do no have a back up of the 810 prior to the restore. This is not
a Production box, but will be on Thanksgiving weekend.

Will I lose all of my TCP/IP configs, etc... if I do this?

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst