LOL Rob - cursors are fine.

You describe going from one system to another - that makes good sense. I was thinking of having RLA and SQL on the same file on the same system - that seems silly. The only reason, maybe, to use the F-spec, is to get the field names. But that's maybe better done with a LIKEREC data structure - didn't used to be able to use those.

Vern