Using SQL Naming on the iSeries may be sometimes special for those who are
used to work with library lists:

When using SET SCHEMA only a single Schema/library (not a library list!) can
be set and used for unqualified data access with SQL naming.
(For SQL naming SET SCHEMA will result in adding a current library.)
If you need to access data located I more than a single library, you either
need to qualify the objects located within the other libraries/schemas or
create an alias in the library/schema (you specified within SET SCHEMA) for
each database object located within the other schemas.

SET SCHEMA is only used to find tables, views and indexes, not for to find
program objects (such as stored procedures, user defined functions and
triggers).

If you want to use unqualified access to program objects, you need to set
the libraries/schemas to be searched with the SQL command SET PATH. SET PATH
allows you to specify several libraries/schemas, i.e. it is possible to use
something like a library list. The special value *LIBL can be used within
the SET PATH command.
If you need to access program objects are located in the data library, this
library must also be specified within the path (even though the
library/schema was already set with SET SCHEMA).

IMHO as long as you only work on the iSeries and need to access data within
several libraries, I'd use *SYS naming.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)