I've been trying to find an answer to this question for quite a while now and finally feel I need to ask it of all of you.

In our pre-start jobs, looking at the open files...i see many examples of the same files being opened more than once. It seems as though there should be only one reference to any given table.

Of course, having the files open and available for re-use is a good thing, but why does the system see a need to re-open already opened tables?

If this is normal behavior (which the documentation I've found seem to indicate), then fine. But having all of these duplicate open data paths seems a bit wasteful.

The work these jobs are doing is to perform CRUD work for a .Net front end. SQL is used along side native-I/O operations. We are using Data Direct's data provider and run as QRWTSRVR pre-start jobs.

Steve Needles

This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other than by the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication and all copies.