You can schedule the download over night when they are not using the DSL
and have the images ready for the upgrade later on. First question, do
they have enough free storage space to hold the images plus run the
upgrade? Do they have enough disk arms to handle the work load? I like
the unattended nature using the image catalog but it can be slower on
older and smaller systems with limited disk performance. DVD may be
faster if you have a system with just the base DASD controller and only
a few drives.

I you are going to use an image catalog for the upgrade, the download
save you feeding the DVD drive to build the image catalog. I used it to
upgrade a remote system and did not have to travel or pay remote hands
to feed CD's The system is a 9406-520 power 5 with 4 internal drive and
the raid enablement card. I putting the OS CD's and the CUME / Hyper's
on brought the system to the 75% range of DASD used. The upgrade from
V5R3 to V5R4M5 took a couple of hours. By the time I had everything
done, all licensed programs updated and Cume's on, it was 10 hours.
This was a 520 with 5GB RAM, 4 - 4326 disk drive raid-5. You mileage
may vary.