Charles, had not heard of this, have you done either one of these??

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

You can replace them with iSCSI attached 1U servers...

That's what a former employer did with IxA servers. They did it the
hard way, by rebuilding the Win2K3 servers. IBM does offer a
migration service:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/advantages/integratedserver/solutions.html
IXS/IXA to iSCSI migration utility:
IBM Lab Services is offering a migration utility that can take an
IXS/IXA based Windows 2003 Server image to an iSCSI based image. The
migration utility saves you from having to do a new operating system
install, reinstalling your applications and reconfiguring your server
back to its previous state. If you are interesting in taking advantage
of this utility, send an e-mail to intwin@xxxxxxxxxxx

HTH,
Charles

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Buzz Fenner <bfenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I have a 520 (v6r1) with 2 IXS cards (2892 & 4812) running W2003 Server
R2.
IIRC, the newer boxes do not support these. I'll hate to lose them.

Buzz

message: 6
date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:25:10 -0400
from: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Windows on ibm power

Think you could on the FSIOP card(s) and the IXA/IXS's.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Bryce Martin <BMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>